Recognizing Signs & Symptoms
Skip to main content
Knowing if someone has a Substance Use Disorder may not always be easy or clear, but signs can include:
- Difficulty stopping using alcohol and/or drugs despite the negative consequences it has had on their lives.
- Loss of control and trouble cutting down the amount of substances used.
- Denial or blaming other people, rather than alcohol and/or drugs, as the cause of problems.
- Seeking out alcohol and/or drugs to feel “normal”.
- Physical withdrawal happens when the brain becomes dependent on a substance including: