Injection Hygiene and Needle Exchange Programs
Good injection practices:
- Clean hands and fingertips before injecting
- Apply warm compress to injection site before use
- Inject in arms/legs instead of hands/feet
- Rotate injection sites
- Only use a syringe ONCE; however, if you must re-use a syringe, re-use your own syringe and not someone else’s
- Use clean, sterile water to dissolve drugs which protect against skin infections and abscesses.
By providing access to safe injection supplies and education, needle exchange programs can:
- Reduce the risk of fatal overdose.
- Reduce the risk and spread of HIV infection.
- Reduce the risk and spread of Hepatitis C.
- Connect people to long-term treatment and recovery.
Call to find out hours and days of operation.
Asian American Drug Abuse Program
(Compton, Lawndale & Lynwood)
424 311 5799
Beinestar Human Services
866 590 6411
Homeless Health Care, Los Angeles
213 617 8404
L.A. Community Health Project
(Los Angeles & Watts)
213 483 5366
Tarzana Treatment Center
818 342 5897
Venice Family Clinic
310 314 5480