This guide is intended to help Los Angeles County residents find information, resources, and help with questions and concerns about alcohol and/or drugs, including how to help someone during an overdose and how to find no-cost treatment programs.

Whether you are helping someone else or are looking for help yourself, this guide will walk you through the process.

Emergency Disclaimer

Call 911 immediately if:

  • Someone you know has taken alcohol and/or drugs and is unresponsive.
  • You have taken alcohol and/or drugs and feel that you might be in danger of overdosing.
  • You or someone you know is at risk for harming yourself or others or experiencing a health and/or psychiatric emergency.

County of los angeles California Public Health